Saturday 13 August 2016

Dancer

The evening inches closer
the clock teases my pulse
Can I miss it? No sir
I say "I'll go!", damn impulse

One excuse is what I lack
Yet to home I'll be true
And who will drive me back?
Shit, didnt think it through!

And now I'm in the car
Swaying In & out of sleep
Once that I reach the bar
Breath would be hard to keep

And here we are, here we are
marking entry in my kingdom
One look around near & far
Readying to live my freedom

Familiar faces smiling wide
Ain't got no time for pleasantries
Impatient to ride the tide
I pour with clumsy expertise

Considering its fair strength
and diluting it just a little
I gulp the sin down in a length
yet struggling to hold the spittle

I Wait . 5,4,3,2,1
I close my eyes.
And as the music sets in
I welcome the paradise

No memory of when I move
I'll forget when I'd bend
I'll forget my every groove
why does everyone seem a friend?

the world's shutting down
and my stage is opening up
in every song, let me drown
as I flee from life's lockup

The 'lady' in me leaves the show
the employee deserts & how!
The daughter bows low
And the dancer rises now



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Carpe Diem

The night stirs the moonlight blurs a realist's view that's painted blue a poet's mind in a world unkind entrapped in mu...