Saturday 16 February 2013

Unconditionally Happy


Then again here are those days when I feel compelled to write. And this time ,its not going to be a cathartic verse, nor any extraordinary event in this sequence of life, no sequels, no narrations- just a little something about “Life ,Happiness & my experiences about them” . Well now, those of you who don’t want to be preached, please.stop.reading! because as hard as I might want to contain my urge, I may preach and even if I don’t, this article wouldn’t serve you with your approach of “No Gyaan Please”. The lines between so called “gyan” and experience-sharing blur, almost strikingly, in my case.
My many a tete-a-tete with solitude have revealed  some of the very fundamental, yet often neglected simplicities about life. One of them is beautifully quoted by Albert Camus.
“To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.”
Now this might seem as a rude shock to some, it is the hardcore truth. When do we become happy? Lets classify happy moments in 3 categories:
1.       On getting something we desire/slog for/work hard/struggle blah blah –basically something we want for us or others, from ourselves or others.
2.       A Happy Surprise: What better than God showering bounty and blessings-for free.
3.       Aiwehi.
Now while second would be a favorite of some, it is the first one that actually brings contentment, a feeling like “Yo! My prayers are being heard!”.
 But it is actually the third kind that entails reverence and frequency. It’s a one word that has almost unlimited scope. Now lets consider the scope of Aiwehi. To be happy because:
Yaar! Barish ho rahi hai!
Kya pyari nind ayi raat ko
Itna tasty khana tha yaar
Aj subeh subeh hi ek Maal ladki ke darshan hogaye yaar ..din ban gaya
Kal meri wo wali frd,jo abhi xyz state me hai, uska phone aya tha…kya mast gap maari yar humne!
Valentine’s day is around the corner..!
Aj maine apne phone me ek dhasu app download kari
Kal mai bohot busy rehne wala hu
Kal mai bohot velli rehne wali hu
Aj subeh subeh ek mast gaana suna..

And hordes of other silly reasons can very well qualify into this category. Its actually not a real reason, now is it? Its  just a trigger, a little upsetting of our rote routine that reminds us subconsciously of subtle pleasures that life offers. C’mon who are we kidding now? Rain/valentine’s day/phone call et al are hardly going to have any influence on the big picture of our life. But still, secretly, silently we do celebrate these. And when someone asks us why are we happy, we’re stunned and really start introspecting/justifying our happiness when instead it is the other person who needs to be questioned- do we really need a reason to be happy?
No. We Don’t. Happiness ,like breathing,moving,eating,potty,susu must come naturally to us. :D. Seriously! It must be our natural state of being. Yes, everyone has their share of sorrows and tribulations in life, but those are momentary detours. And shouldn’t affect our journey for that matter. In life so far, my biggest learning has been, to distract myself. From heavy feelings, situations, thoughts & people. I acknowledge them, but before my mind starts to dwell on them, I’d give it a better fancy. And this works! I can bet my most difficult years of life on this. And I’m no martyr, no victor as of now either, But I try. To be happy unconditionally.  
So next time someone asks me why I’m happy..? I’ll just say “kya btau yaar Aaj subeh subeh kya mast pet saaf hua! ” :D

“While sitting idle today I had this thought
Is it enough for what I have fought?

Am I just what I assume myself to be
is it okay to let the without control me

or can I be more, can I be brighter?
Can I keep going amidst the winds like a fighter

Is it really worth what they say or do
My happiness-my choice, “they” are who??

Its within I need to find my fire
The deeper I go within, will I climb higher

Blessed are men who are easily brightened
For they are actually those who are enlightened


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Carpe Diem

The night stirs the moonlight blurs a realist's view that's painted blue a poet's mind in a world unkind entrapped in mu...